[SM3] Results of more research on PWG Namespace Registry (for schemas)

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 18:04:16 UTC 2013

Hi Mike and Pete,

PWG Process 3.0 purposely does not completely specify details of filenames
and
directories.

Those are in the latest version of PWG namespace policy:

<goog_516084630>

http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/process/pwg-namespace-policy-20060112.txt

which explicitly says that future versions will address registrations (and
implicitly
registries).

BTW - PWG Process 3.0 explicitly references this naming policy document
through a durable URL (probably not correctly maintained - oops) on page 12
in section 7 "Publication of PWG Documents".

I like your suggestion for the subdirectory, except that I'd make the word
the
singular "registry" (rather than plural).  Tucking registries away in
".../schemas"
doesn't make sense for WGs that don't produce XML or CIM MOF schemas.

I would be happy to produce a draft update to the PWG namespace policy
document, when we've settled on the details to be added for registries
(there
are some other loose ends to be added as well).  Note that this policy
*does*
have ABNF for filenames (and  I'll need Mike's help to make sure all of the
productions are syntactically correct).

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
mailto: blueroofmusic at gmail.com