[SM3] Items to discuss at the forthcoming F2F meeting

[SM3] Items to discuss at the forthcoming F2F meeting

[SM3] Items to discuss at the forthcoming F2F meeting

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 19:59:52 UTC 2014


Hi Daniel,

This change to PJT *spec* (removing MediaType as a top-level
element) as well as others (removing XxxSupplied and adding
plain equivalent input elements, e.g., Compression) CANNOT
be done by Call For Objections (because of technical changes).

A new version of PJT is necessary (also adding the large number
of missing FinishingsCol member attributes), passing through the
full PWG Process steps (Initial, Interim, Prototype, Stable, SM
last call, PWG Last Call, and PWG Formal Vote).

For discussion at PWG F2F - is this a minor (1.1) or major (2.0)
update?  In my opinion, it's a major update (because not backward
compatible w/ 1.0 version).

Cheers,
- Ira


Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Co-Chair - TCG Trusted Mobility Solutions WG
Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WG
Secretary - IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group
Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG Internet Printing Protocol WG
IETF Designated Expert - IPP & Printer MIB
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
http://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic
http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc
mailto: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Winter  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176  734-944-0094
Summer  PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434



On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 3:10 PM, Manchala, Daniel <Daniel.Manchala at xerox.com
> wrote:

> While going through the SM3 schema, Bill came up with a few items to
> discuss at the forthcoming F2F meeting in Toronto to be held in Aug 2014.
>
>
> 1.       Group of elements in the current job ticket are inappropriate and
> are probably related to the receipt.
>
> 2.       Change MediaType from top level to lower level in the MediaCol
> tree => change the print job ticket schema. Should we do a call for
> objections? This will make us to make changes both to the schema and the
> SM3 document.
>
> Attendees at the meeting:
> Bill Wagner
> Paul Tykodi
> Norbert Schrade
> Rick Yardumian
> Daniel Manchala
>
> _______________________________________________
> sm3 mailing list
> sm3 at pwg.org
> https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/sm3
>


More information about the sm3 mailing list