The minutes of the 10 February Semantic Model Workgroup face-to-face meeting are posted at
Action items listed are:
1. Ira to follow up with Rainer Prosi for JDF examples to be used to prototype JDFMAP
2. Paul to contact PWG members to prototype JDFMAP pending JDF examples
3. Process for Schemata Development and Approval document to be updated. (Bill)
4. Specific Semantic Model application of Process to be considered. (all)
5. Identify necessary changes and implement Update of Semantic Model Schema (all)
6. Create Semantic Model directory in GitHub and start phasing XML development code to this directory. (Michel and Daniel)
Next SM conference call is Feb 22 at 3PM ET, noon PT.
Questions came up in doing minutes.
1. Suggestion was to be use deprecation and option addition techniques in making major element additions and deletions to avoid affecting backwards compatibility. However, we are working on a new major version of the model (i.e., SM3) where compatibility with implementations of the MFD model may not be necessary. Would it be reasonable to avoid the cumbersomeness of ensuring backwards compatibility with possibly non-existent implementations of the MFD model and just come out with a clean model including cloud and 3D?
2. If so, should we take the current update which cleans up problems in the MFD model and seek to release it (after checking and cleanup of SM3 things that have crept in) as a 2.90x release of Semantic Model 2?