[SM3] HP Inc. has reviewed the JDFMAP specification and has comments

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Sun May 21 00:33:57 UTC 2017

Bill,

> On May 19, 2017, at 3:41 PM, wamwagner at comcast.net wrote:
>
> Fine. I defer to Ira on this, although I thought that Ira had already send a No Comments response.   I do wonder if this position reflects on the  PWG 3D Print Job Ticket and Associated Capabilities v1.0 (PJT3D) document.

Since PJT3D is a direct mapping from IPP to the XML schema, the only conformancy thing to write is a declarative statement to this effect, which we already do in section 1:

    This document defines an XML schema representing the semantic elements and values of the IPP 3D model ...

JDFMAP's mapping is "fuzzy" in places, and there are often multiple ways of expressing the same intent in JDF, so there is makes more sense to use SHOULD when appropriate.