WBMM> WBMM Data Model Requirements

Harry Lewis harryl at us.ibm.com
Wed Mar 5 12:04:10 EST 2003

We said we'd begin a thread on this topic at yesterday's conf call. OK..
I'll start. It may be debated which of these are requirements and which
are recommended approach but, for brevity and readability, I'll just begin
a list.

1. Leverage semantics from Printer MIB, IPP and Finisher MIB
2. Address new functionality for MFPs
3. Address management of Services such as Transforms or Print Services
4. Improve upon the conveyance of status as compared to the Printer MIB,
hrMIB
5. Allow structuring the data model in relation to applications (end-user,
admin, accounting, service etc.) vs. devices (printer, mfp, finisher).
6. Facilitate mapping to legacy models (MIBs, CIM, NPAP etc.)
7. Facilitate direct, native data exchange to the lowest managed entity if
desired (ex. don't REQUIRE proxy or translation)

More to come I'm sure...
Harry Lewis
IBM Printing Systems