WBMM> requirements for the device model

KENNEDY,KELLI (HP-Boise,ex1) kelli.kennedy at hp.com
Tue May 27 10:56:19 EDT 2003

Greetings,

I just posted an updated list of the requirements for the *device model*
with changes from our last meeting.  It is called Brainstorm5-21_v2.doc.
(Sorry that it is only in Word, but I don't yet have Acrobat).

There are still several issues:

1) Does the group agree that WBMM needs to manage software services distinct
from devices?  Could someone provide me with an example of what might need
to be managed for a PSI service?
2) I don't think that the requirements for the *device model* should contain
anything about WSDL.  This seems to fit better into the requirements for the
*protocol* because when you define how to interact with a web service, you
are essentially defining a protocol.
3) There was not agreement that the model should be structured around how
the information is consumed, rather than the physical structure of the
device.  We need more discussion around this.

Comments?

If anyone has any other requirements for the device model they would like me
to add to the list, feel free to send them to me.

Thanks,
Kelli