PLEASE answer quickly with your opinions on edits below,
so I can begin the edits needed in all of the WIMS schema
after last week's PWG Vancouver meetings.
Last week, we reduced the scope of the PWG Std Events spec
and Events schema to Printer-only (Printer, Job, Document,
and Subunit). Fine, but...
(1) Alerts schema - Should I delete 'AlertResource'?
- it depended on the now _deleted_ ResourceXxx events
in the Events schema and Resource object in the
(abandoned) Imaging System Model draft
(2) Alerts schema - Should I change 'NotifySourceState'
to delete 'Testing' and 'Down' from 'hrDeviceStatus'
in Host Resources MIB (RFC 2790)?
- this change will make support of coherent Printer
state harder to harmonize with HR MIB
- I think that it's a bug that Printer state in IPP/1.1
requires state reasons to report Down or Testing
(3) Alerts schema - Should I rename 'NotifySourceState'
to 'NotifyPrinterState' and 'NotifySourceURI' to
- doing so effectively closes the future possibility
of multifunction alert support in WIMS
(4) Resource schema - Should we abandon this schema?
- last week's meeting seemed against adding any
new objects except in some future PWG MFP Model
- abandoning Resources seems foolish to me
(5) Schedule schema - Should I reorganize it into
the three Monitoring, Management, and Admin groups
- this seems worthwhile, as it describes WIMS levels
(6) Schedule schema - Should I delete Resource actions?
- Does WIMS WG accept the need to model Resource?
(7) Schedule schema - Should I import 'NotifyEvents' from
the Events schema?
- this looks better, but again loses Resources
(8) Schedule schema - Should I add the elements for
Supported[Operations|Actions|Objects] here, so
that RegisterForManagement operation works?
- the WIMS operations won't appear in any generic
PWG Semantic Model element in the forseeable future
Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221 Grand Marais, MI 49839
email: imcdonald at sharplabs.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...