WBMM> Comments on wd-wbmm01-20031231x.pdf

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Tue Jan 20 12:41:02 EST 2004

Hi,

Inline.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434
email: imcdonald at sharplabs.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Wagner,William [mailto:WWagner at NetSilicon.com]
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 6:07 PM
To: wbmm at pwg.org
Subject: RE: WBMM> Comments on wd-wbmm01-20031231x.pdf

All,

Draft is updated. Per the description in the front matter:

This version of the PWG Proposed Standard is available electronically at:
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wbmm/wd/latestdraft.doc in change-tracked Word
format, and
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wbmm/wd/latestdraft.rtf marked up.

<ira>
Thanks for the instant turnaround Bill!

Dated version of latest draft source is now stored at:
  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wbmm/wd/wd-wbmm10-20040119.doc

(Bill - we adopted this in PSI so that a permanent archive of dated drafts
from the WG is available, _in_addition_ to the current files 'latest...')
</ira>

A non-changed-tracked PDF copy is also available in
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wbmm/wd/wd-wbmm10-20040119.pdf

(the RTF is very large, so in the future, I will change the front matter to
indicate the non-MS Word latestdraft markup will be PDF)

Open items (in no particular priority) include:

1. Returns and exceptions to operations

2. I have notes to add PauseAndDisable comment and ResumeAndEnable
comment (but have forgotten what these are)

<ira>
Add to the end of the Description in section 5.3.4 'Pause':

Note:  'Deactivate-Printer' defined in section 3.4.1 of
[IPP-ADM] (a compound operation) can be accomplished in
a Schedule by a 'Pause' action followed by a 'Disable'
action.

Add to the end of the Description in section 5.3.5 'Resume':

Note:  'Activate-Printer' defined in section 3.4.2 of
[IPP-ADM] (a compound operation) can be accomplished in
a Schedule by a 'Resume' action followed by an 'Enable'
action.
</ira>

3. Report and Alert Schema

<ira>
I have some work-in-progress on Alert schema, which will
eventually include both Alert object (simplified IPP
Notification object) and Subscription object (to support
more than one outstanding subscription on a single
Managed Entity, in the future, for example from two
DIFFERENT Management Stations for events - Subscription
objects could be queried via ordinary an 'GetElements'
action).

3a. Printer MIB Schema

I also have nearly complete a release of a new, more
faithful, machine translation of Printer MIB v2 into
XML schema (for use by PWG WBMM and by FSG Japan Bi-Di
Printer API project).  This version has all integer
ranges and all string size limits captured correctly.
All object element and type names remain identical to
my original May 2003 machine translation.
</ira>

4. WSDL references

Best regards,

Bill Wagner