WBMM> Couple Questions about Schedules

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Wed May 5 10:09:42 EDT 2004

Hi,

I agree again with all of Bill's points and reasoning.

I am strongly opposed to introducing the concept of
'negotiation' into Schedule transfers.  It doesn't exist
in any other NMS architecture I've seen.

In WBMM/WIMS, the Manager says "do this" (via an
embedded Action in a Schedule).  And the Agent either
replies "fine by me" (with SendReport) or "Manager not
authorized" (with SendAlert).

I think it's important that SendReport _never_ be used
to report an Action failure.  Only use SendAlert.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434