WIMS> Re: Accuracy of SOAP examples

thrasher at lexmark.com thrasher at lexmark.com
Wed Nov 9 16:06:28 EST 2005

Regarding the question in the minutes about the accuracy of the SOAP
examples in the WIMS
specification.

I would think that the point of the WIMS protocol specification is to
provide enough
information for independent non-WIMS WG members to pick up the document
and
create a WIMS Manager or a WIMS Agent that would be able to
generate/consume
SOAP messages to/from a WIMS Manager/Agent from another independent non-WG
member. Hence, we should provide an unambiguous definition of how the WIMS
Operations,
Actions, and Responses should be generated in SOAP 1.2.

Short of that, we have created an abstract document that nobody could
really
implement.

JT

--- Forwarded by Jerry Thrasher/Lex/Lexmark on 11/09/2005 03:49 PM -----