WIMS> Posted WSDL/2.0 for WIMS v0.10 (28 November 2005)

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Mon Nov 28 20:25:45 EST 2005

Hi folks,                                      Monday (28 November 2005)

I have just posted a first draft of informative WSDL/2.0 for WIMS/1.0
which specifies complete bindings for the Agent and Manager Interfaces
over HTTP/1.1 (direct XML in HTTP POST), SOAP/1.1, and SOAP/1.2.

This XML specification for this WSDL file (but NOT the WSDL itself)
validates without warnings using XML SPY 2004, XRay 2.0, and Amaya 9.2.2
(the free W3C Browser) at:

    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/schemas/wimsbind-20051128.wsdl
        - WSDL/2.0 for WIMS/1.0 v0.10

I think that this draft specifies completely unambiguous bindings, when
combined with the rules in the latest W3C WSDL/2.0 drafts (August 2005).
The specification is blessedly short because application errors are NOT
exported as WSDL faults (and mapped to SOAP and HTTP faults as well) as
was done in PSI/1.0.  W3C WSDL/2.0 in fact recommends self-contained
protocols that avoid the binding of out-of-band faults, when possible.

I'm continuing work on example messages in SOAP and HTTP envelopes.

PS - This document can be viewed as XML with IE, Firefox, Netscape,
and other browsers.  The 'structured view' in the free W3C Amaya is
excellent.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434