WIMS> Posted WSDL/2.0 for WIMS v0.10 (28 November 2005)

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Tue Nov 29 13:33:58 EST 2005

Hi Pete,

Yes, I'll build a 'wims-local-date.zip' bundle (with the short filenames
without date suffixes) and post it to the WIMS FTP site.

BUT - note that this is WSDL/2.0 - there is no released tool in the
universe that UNDERSTANDS this to be WSDL/2.0.  XML SPY and browsers
simply understand it to be well-formed XML.  Even the new XML SPY 2006
ONLY supports and graphically displays WSDL/1.1 definitions.

This is the problem for WIMS - we want to normatively specify WSDL/2.0
and not WSDL/1.1 (which can't even express some of these bindings and
details of encoding/serialization) - but the W3C isn't finished with
the responses to the second last call (October 2005) comments.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434