WIMS> WSDM

Harry Lewis harryl at us.ibm.com
Fri Jan 21 16:52:16 EST 2005

Good news resulting from our interaction while I hosted the WSDM meeting.
A substantial latent interest in printers and printer management seemed to
surface. I gave a high level PWG/WIMS presentation.
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/presentations/PWG-WSDM.ppt which sparked
interest in starting a collaborative effort between PWG and DMTF to update
CIM. Also, WSDM is interested in reviewing the WIMS protocol, itself, and
are especially interested in our application of Schedule.

WSDM would like to find a PWG member willing to prototype WSDM, possibly
converting a WIMS prototype to WSDM. There is no doubt that WSDM views
printer management as in scope.

I sent a separate note to pwg-announce with a call for participation in
the joint PWG/DMTF molding. I expect a strong showing from the WIMS w/g to
support this effort.
Harry Lewis
IBM STSM
http://www.pwg.org