WIMS> WIMS minutes posted

Harry Lewis harryl at us.ibm.com
Fri Mar 25 11:52:58 EST 2005

Ira is correct. Sorry, I meant for the minutes to reflect (only) that we
are moving the Counter spec to last call.
Harry Lewis
IBM STSM
http://www.pwg.org
IBM Printing Systems
http://www.ibm.com/printers
303-924-5337

"McDonald, Ira" <imcdonald at sharplabs.com>
03/25/2005 09:44 AM

Harry Lewis/Boulder/IBM at IBMUS, wims at pwg.org
cc
Peter.Zehler at XeroxLabs.com, wamwagner at comcast.net
Subject
RE: WIMS> WIMS minutes posted

Hi,

One clarification for these minutes and Harry's announcement
note below.

We are NOT trying to move the WIMS Protocol spec to 'last
call' in the immediate future.

There is still some (minor) schema work to be done in the
Schedule schema (to allow the use of asset tags rather than
device URI in TargetObjects).

There is also (probably major) work to be done on the WIMS
Requirements section, which MUST be completed before we can
'last call' the WIMS Protocol spec.

Note that the WIMS Counter spec does NOT depend on the WIMS
Protocol spec, so that the WIMS Counter spec can be moved
ahead to 'last call' independently.

Structure:  Having seen WIMS Protocol spec with Requirements
added, I've had second thoughts and think we should separate
them into two documents.  Bill has done recent editorial work
on WIMS use cases, but otherwise nobody has looked at them in
two years.  The IPPFAX and PSI teams were delayed for between
four and six months (with running weekly telecons) when we had
to go back and finish our Requirements specs that were REQUIRED
by PWG Process/2.0 before a protocol spec could be approved.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434
email: imcdonald at sharplabs.com