WIMS> RE: Counter MIB Last Call Comments

Bergman, Ron Ron.Bergman at rpsa.ricoh.com
Tue Apr 12 14:03:00 EDT 2005

OK, so when will we see a new MIB?

-----Original Message-----
From: McDonald, Ira [mailto:imcdonald at sharplabs.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 10:52 AM
To: Bergman, Ron; McDonald, Ira; wims at pwg.org
Cc: Harry Lewis (E-mail)
Subject: RE: Counter MIB Last Call Comments

Hi Ron,

You're looking at an out-of-date Counter Spec.  The one in Last Call
is at:

	ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscount10-20050329.pdf

MIBs _must_ use a final, plural noun in object definitions with the
syntax 'Counter32' (per SMIv2 and IETF best practices).  Thus
'icMediaUsedBlackSheets' and the parent 'icSheetBlackSheets'.
This is a typographical convention.

I am strongly opposed to leaving _any_ definitions of sheets,
black, full-color, etc. in the Counter MIB.  That's the job of
the Counter Spec.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434