WIMS> CIM> Deprecating (almost) all CurrentXxxx properties in CIM_Printer

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Tue Aug 9 20:47:04 EDT 2005

Hi Rick,

Well, if we ignore PrintJob, I guess I suppose this is not so tricky, but of
course why bother to fix Charset and Natural Language handling in
Printer class and ignore the issues in PrintJob class?

By the way, those semantics I described are a LOT more central than
mere IPP protocol semantics.  The entire set of Printer and Job object
attributes _and_ operations in IPP/1.1 _are_ the substance of the XML
Schema and high-level PWG Semantic Model/1.0 (PWG 5105.1).

So the subtle relationships between Charset and Natural Language for
Printer, PrintService, PrintJob, and various operation attributes are still
our problem (in WIMS CIM Refresh).

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434