WIMS> Progress on WIMS Protocol sections

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Sun Sep 25 11:16:16 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm still working on the section "WIMS Security Considerations".

To avoid confusion, I'm using the exact tags for the bindings
defined in new section "Appendix A - WIMS Protocol Bindings"
(which is Normative).

These tags are the keyword values for the new PWG Standard Query
Parameter (extension to I/1.0) called 'bind' which complements
the existing query parameters of 'auth' and 'sec' to specify all
necessary details of each protocol stack.

The rewritten 'pwg-wims:' URI scheme will refer to these bindings,
but will DEFAULT to 'soap12.http11' (because HTTP/1.1 is itself
the default binding of SOAP/1.2 in the W3C Recommendation).

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434
email: imcdonald at sharplabs.com