WIMS> Conference Call - WIMS protocol -4 Jan 12 Noon EST

Harry Lewis harryl at us.ibm.com
Tue Jan 3 13:18:27 EST 2006

I wasn't able to protect the Noon (Eastern) Wednesday time slot into '06.
I could move 1 hr either direction as an ongoing timeslot. TOMORROW,
however, I will only be available at 1pm (Eastern).
Harry Lewis
IBM STSM
http://www.pwg.org
IBM Printing Systems
http://www.ibm.com/printers
303-924-5337

wamwagner at comcast.net
Sent by: owner-wims at pwg.org
01/03/2006 10:50 AM

wims at pwg.org (WIMS PWG)
cc

Subject
WIMS> Conference Call - WIMS protocol -4 Jan 12 Noon EST

Happy New Year to all!

Although there is something satisfying about completing a task by year
end, as Ira has observed, submitting documents for last call during the
year-end holidays may not be very fruitful. As you may know, we did submit
the WIMS Protocol and associated Schema for last call in December, with
the intention of concluding last call at the 19 January Plenary meeting.
It is not surprising that no comments have been received yet (aside from
some suggestions Ira ahs made earlier). But with the next PWG plenary
being in April, it is very desirable that we try to complete a meaingful
last call in January.

I suggest that we use the standard 12Noon EST time slot this Wednesday to
consider what has been posted, to solicit comments from the WIMS working
group, and to consider what might be done over the next two weeks to
encourage more review.

Wednesday, 1-4-2006
Noon Eastern  Standard Time(NYC)
Toll Free: 1-866-365-4406