Thanks for your quick efforts to try this stuff in SoapScope!
Not wanting to depend on visual scanning to see your changes,
I wrote a 'diff' script with appropriate switches to ignore
inserted/removed blank lines, white space, tabs, etc.
But unfortunately, the 257K of source schema files still yield
a 197K diff file, so it's no help.
A brief review of the schema diff log reveals changes such as:
(1) Multiple lines in source folded onto a single very long line
(which breaks a lot of my source management tools)
(2) All of the 'maxOccurs=1' attributes have been erroneously
removed - this breaks normative behavior in the protocol
(3) Some of the 'minOccurs=0' attributes have been removed - this
breaks the explicitly optional elements in the protocol
A brief review of the WSDL diff log reveals changes such as:
(1) Soap actions with empty 'input' and 'output' statements
(although the WSDL/1.1 spec REQUIRES a 'message' attribute).
(2) Inserted namespace attributes in all includes and references
(which are probably OK, although they'll break XSV validation).
Let's please discuss this a bit during the WIMS topic at this
afternoon's PWG Steering Committee teleconference.
Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221 Grand Marais, MI 49839
email: imcdonald at sharplabs.com
> -----Original Message-----
> From: owner-wims at pwg.org [mailto:owner-wims at pwg.org]On Behalf Of
> McDonald, Ira
> Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 10:54 AM
> To: 'wims at pwg.org'
> Subject: FW: WIMS WSDl & Schema with generated code
>>> Hi folks,
>> Below is a note from Pete Zehler who has been experimenting
> with the just-posted WSDL/1.1 for SOAP/1.1 with a somewhat
> out-of-date gSOAP package.
>> I'll take a look at these, but the namespace declarations
> are something that will probably change again as the schema
> are integrated into a future SM/2.0 release - I don't consider
> namespace changes necessarily desirable for the Formal Approval
> vote versions - my experience has been that adding ANY explicit
> namespaces immediately breaks my XMLSPY 2004, XSV 2.10, and
> other tools - which is why I left them out so far.
>> I'll do some experimenting. The changes to negative ranges
> (squashing them to zero minimums) definitely should NOT be
> incorporated into the approved versions.
>> Not sure what Pete means by "document elements", but I'll
> take a look.
>> By the way, the gSOAP that I have locally installed compiled
> all of my posted WIMS schemas without change and generated C
> source and sample SOAP messages without errors or warnings.
> Likewise, my locally installed XMLSPY 2004.
>> Since the WSDL/1.1 will always be INFORMATIVE, I'm opposed
> to making substantive changes to the actual schemas (other
> than possibly namespace declarations) for Formal Approval.
>> We need to come to concensus VERY quickly about any schema
> edits, because they will delay the WIMS Formal Approval we
> intended to start momentarily and span April face-to-face.
> - Ira
>> Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
> Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
> PO Box 221 Grand Marais, MI 49839
> phone: +1-906-494-2434
> email: imcdonald at sharplabs.com>> -----Original Message-----
> From: Zehler, Peter [mailto:Peter.Zehler at xeroxlabs.com]
> Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 9:42 AM
> To: McDonald, Ira
> Subject: WIMS WSDl & Schema with generated code
>> I have modified your WSDL slightly to generate the messages.
> The main changes are in the WSDL files where I made sure WSDL
> is the default namespace and WIMS is the targetnamespace. I
> changed the document elements to comments. I am not sure if
> there really is anything wrongwith the element or its
> position, I just know my tool (SoapScope) complained about
> it. I added some namespace tags to wims elements.
>> I did some things that I think only have to be done to
> satisfy my version of gSOAP which is rather old (2.7.5). I
> have avoided moving up to minimize churn until the next
> version comes out that supports streaming MTOM>. The changes
> I made in all the schema files was to declare the wims
> namespace and make it the default and tragte namespaces. I
> am fairly sure this should not be done and the namespace for
> the included schema will be coerced to the target namespace
> of the including schema or wsdl.
>> I had to make some changes to the intermediate file (Agent.h
> and Manager.h) to avoid a known bug in my version of gSOAP.
> Anyplace that has a range with a negative minimum (e.g.
> -23..23 for PlanHour) I had to replace the negative with a 0.
> This is fixed in subsequent versions of gSOAP.
>> I place the zip file on the wims ftp site at
>> Peter Zehler
> Xerox Innovation Group
> Email: Peter.Zehler at XeroxLabs.com> Voice: (585) 265-8755
> FAX: (585) 265-7441
> US Mail: Peter Zehler
> Xerox Corp.
> 800 Phillips Rd.
> M/S 128-25E
> Webster NY, 14580-9701
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database: 268.3.0/290 - Release Date: 3/23/2006