WIMS> RE: [more replies to Stuart] WIMS Protocol Spec Questions

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Tue Apr 25 18:11:08 EDT 2006

Hi Stuart,

I'm forwarding this thread to the WIMS WG list, because these were
comments during a Formal Vote, and Bill put them on the agenda for
tomorrow's WIMS telecon.

All - Stuart's experience reading this spec and lacking tools to read the
schema (formatted) indicate that we need to:

(a) do more work on our specs;
(b) find better tools; and
(c) discuss our migration from binary protocols (eg, IPP) to XML
     schema based protocols - which are excruciatingly verbose in
     schemas and completely opaque (untyped) in instances.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434