WIMS> First PWG WIMS/CIM Change Request accepted by DMTF

Harry Lewis harryl at us.ibm.com
Tue Jul 18 19:34:44 EDT 2006

Congratulations! This required a lot of hard work. Thanks to Rick, Ira,
Craig, Bill and all who helped out with review and comment.
DMTF CIM continues to strengthen its position as a core semantic
repository for distributed systems management and the PWG is playing a key
role in realigning the print and imaging model in a controlled, step-wise
fashion.
Harry Lewis
IBM STSM
http://www.pwg.org
IBM Printing Systems
http://www.ibm.com/printers
303-924-5337

<Richard_Landau at Dell.com>
Sent by: owner-wims at pwg.org
07/17/2006 10:29 AM

<wims at pwg.org>
cc

Subject
WIMS> CIM> Our first CR passed the DMTF TC, ta-da!

The first PWG CR in the CIM alignment effort has passed the DMTF Technical
Committee (5 to 0), and will be incorporated in the next released version
of the CIM schema.  Congrats to all involved!
The next six are in the process cycle, too.  Those complete Phase 1.  And
we are beginning work on the next phase.
rick
PS: It took weeks for me to discover the results of the TC vote.  I have
suggested several process improvements to them to speed notification to
the originator of the CR.