WIMS> RE: What name for Covers?

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Fri Oct 20 12:56:10 EDT 2006

Hi Rick,

[copied WIMS list to make others aware of these issues]

A Cover is NOT an Interlock (in the Printer MIB) - the Interlock is just the
sensor and logic.

Conflating Cover with Interlock will screw up the semantics of some widely
implemented existing values of 'PrtAlertCodeTC' as well.

In the WIMS and Semantic Model/v2.0 schema Subunits.xsd, the classes
are simply Cover(s).

I dislike abandoning Printer MIB terms - how about 'PrintDeviceCover(s)'?

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434