WIMS> Revision to Counter Spec

Farrell, Lee Lee.Farrell at cda.canon.com
Tue Jan 30 15:04:44 EST 2007

I just read the modifications to the document.

I'm a bit concerned that the definition of MediaUsed.MediaAccountingKey
("The locally unique accounting key for this specific media, for use
when MediaUsed.MediaSizeName is not unique.") might not be sufficient to
convey your requirement for this item.  What is meant by an "accounting
key"?  Is that a generally well-defined term?  I couldn't find the
definition anywhere in this document.

Based on the example provided for its use, there seems to be an implicit
intent to have the value provide *two* critical pieces of information --
presumably in some human readable form that convey an association of two
distinct things.  In my reading, "The locally unique accounting key for
this specific media, for use when MediaUsed.MediaSizeName is not
unique." doesn't suggest a need to identify two "things" -- or what
those things are.

But maybe everyone else understands the meaning of "accounting key" more
clearly than I do?

lee