Hi, Saturday (31 March 2007)
[For review on the WIMS mailing list and at WIMS WG telecons]
I've just posted my first working draft of Counter MIB v2 at:
- ASN.1 only - compiles without warnings in Epilogue and SMICng
- PDF - color-highlighted ASN.1 of MIB
(1) Counter MIB v2 supports monitoring of the counters and state of all
imaging services and subunits independent of any other MIB (but
coherent with Printer MIB, Finisher MIB, and Host Resources MIB).
(2) Counter MIB v2 resolves the main problem of MFP alerts (ambiguity
about which services are affected when a given subunit has a fault).
(3) Counter MIB v2 adds objects to three existing tables and adds one
new table, so it must pass through the full PWG Process: Initial,
Interim, Prototype, Stable, PWG Last Call, and PWG Formal Vote.
(4) Counter MIB v2 is 100% backward compatible with Counter MIB v1 (all
new objects have new compliance groups).
Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WG
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221 Grand Marais, MI 49839
email: imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Change Log (from REVISION clause in body of MIB)
31 March 2007 - Counter MIB v2 - Working Draft
* Added two new textual conventions:
IcServiceStateTC, per WIMS Protocol (PWG 5106.2), based on
IPP/1.1 (RFC 2911) and Host Resources MIB (RFC 2790);
IcSubunitStatusTC, per WIMS Protocol (PWG 5106.2), based on
PrtSubUnitStatusTC in Printer MIB (RFC 3805).
* Revised one existing textual convention:
IcSubunitTypeTC, to add all finishing device types, based on
FinDeviceTypeTC in Finisher MIB (RFC 3806).
* Added five new columnar objects to existing conceptual tables:
icServiceState and icServiceStateMessage appended to
icServiceTable, per WIMS Protocol (PWG 5106.2);
icSubunitStatus and icSubunitStatusMessage appended to
icSubunitTable, per WIMS Protocol (PWG 5106.2);
icMediaUsedMediaAccountingKey appended to
icMediaUsedTable, per PWG Abtract Counters (PWG 5106.1).
* Added one new conceptual table:
icSubunitMapTable, to map services to their subunits.
* Added four new OBJECT-GROUPS:
* In MODULE-COMPLIANCE icMIBCompliance, new OBJECT-GROUPs are all
all in GROUP (not MANDATORY-GROUP) clauses. The one new
table and the six new objects are optional, i.e., this
version is backward compatible with Counter MIB v1.
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 268.18.23/740 - Release Date: 3/30/2007 1:15 PM