WIMS> Forget icSubunitTechType object

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Thu May 10 16:01:04 EDT 2007

Hi,

I spoke with Walt Filbrich after the WIMS-CIM telecon today
and we agreed that my hypothetical 'icSubunitTechType'
object crosses over the fine line of redundancy with the
existing Printer MIB (since it only works for existing
Printer MIB subunits anyway).  'icSubunitInfo' (description)
should be sufficient for all purposes (including logging).

Therefore, I withdraw this suggestion.

The separate proposal for new specific Scanner subunit
types still stands and has been sent to the MFD WG list.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434
email: imcdonald at sharplabs.com