WIMS> CIM> Presented Counter classes to DMTF Schema SC (formerly CIM Core)

WIMS> CIM> Presented Counter classes to DMTF Schema SC (formerly CIM Core)

Richard_Landau at Dell.com Richard_Landau at Dell.com
Mon Jun 9 11:25:36 EDT 2008

Re Counter classes:

I went over the proposed class structure with the DMTF Schema
Subcommittee on Friday.  The general response was positive, that the
class structure looks reasonable.  "Of course, the devil's in the
details," I was reminded.  Yes, we have learned that before.

Two questions arose.

- Q: Do these classes contain any rate information?  If so, there are
separate classes that specify the sampling rates and such.  A: No, these
classes are counters only, with the specified persistence.

- Q: You (meaning PWG) will probably need the new association,
AssociatedImagingStatisticalData, to restrict the parent from
ManagedElement to Printer.  A: I did not wish to get into that
discussion at the time, since we were running late, so I let the comment
pass.  Ira and I have discussed that we would prefer to use the parent
association, ElementStatisticalData, specifically because it is more
general and therefore can be used for other imaging applications
(scanners, faxes) in the future and not just printers.  We can deal with
this later.

I said that we would submit a class in the near future, the next several
weeks, along with the parent; that is, ImagingXxxStatisticalData,
probably Monitoring, and its parent ImagingStatisticalData.

So, we didn't trip over the low hurdles on the first lap....

rick
Richard_Landau(at)dell(dot)com, Stds & System Mgt Architecture, CTO
Office
+1-512-728-9023, One Dell Way, RR5-3, MS RR5-09, Round Rock, TX 78682