WIMS> documents on MS remote management that provides CLI and uses WS-Management

nchen at okidata.com nchen at okidata.com
Mon Jul 7 17:09:45 EDT 2008

All,

Here is the link to the documents about Windows Remote Management (WinRM).
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa384426(VS.85).aspx

It says:

"You can use WinRM scripting objects, the WinRM command-line tool, or the
Windows Remote Shell command line tool WinRS to obtain management data
from local and remote computers that may have baseboard management
controllers (BMCs). If the computer runs a Windows-based operating system
version that includes WinRM, the management data is supplied by Windows
Management Instrumentation (WMI)."

Looking at the Remote Management Architecture, it seems to me that as long
as the proxy server has a WinRM listener installed, and we provide CIM
printer objects to the WMI plugin.  Then on Vista client, we can use the
WinRM.cmd command line tool to request and see the collected management
data.

-Nancy
Principal Engineer
Solutions and Technology