[WIMS] Re: Draft of Charter of WIMS Power Mgmt Project

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Mon May 11 20:49:24 UTC 2009

Hi,

On reflection, another Out-of-Scope:

OOS-3. Do not define an abstract Power Management Service Interface.
For example, use native CIM methods for any DMTF CIM binding of the
PWG Power Management Model, conformant with the DMTF CIM Power
State Management Profile [DSP1027].

Rationale:  The PWG MFD WG may wish to, in the future, define abstract
power management admin operations for the System and Subunit objects
in the PWG Semantic Model/2.0, but they are not needed at this time.

Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
email: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
winter:
 579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176
 734-944-0094
summer:
 PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839
 906-494-2434

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Ira McDonald <blueroofmusic at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> Attempting to more constructively help out...
>
> I just posted a draft of a charter for WIMS Power Mgmt Project:
>
>   *ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimspower-charter-20090511.htm
> *
> I followed the format approved by the PWG in IPP PSX project
> and more recently the MFD WG (basically the same idea).
> Especially, it includes a specific Out-Of-Scope section.
>
> Please add a brief Problem Statement (replace <tbd>).
>
> The Milestones during Definition Phase (Initial draft, Prototype
> draft, and PWG Last Call for each of Model and Binding specs)
> are the ones the PWG Steering Committee agreed on for MFD
> - the SC specifically do not want a milestone such as 'PWG CS',
> because a WG can't project that.
>
> Comments?
>
> Cheers,
> - Ira