[WIMS] Draft of Charter of WIMS Power Mgmt Project

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Mon May 11 22:36:29 UTC 2009

Hi Bill,

The PWG SC *has* required a charter for every project or WG
in the last four years (including CIM) - that's what our Process
says - and the PWG SC has required a project charter for all
new projects of existing working groups because they CHANGE
the scope of the base WG charter.

An important advantage is to get solid Out-of-Scope statements.
An open-ended WIMS Power Management project is a sure
formula for failure.

There is no harm in following our existing process (charters)
and a good deal of possible harm to skipping our process.

Two specific comments:

(1) The abstract spec should be called Power Managerment Model
      (not Elements spec or whatever) - we have a well-known name
      for these specs - let's use it please.

(2) As early as possible, requirements gathered should be part
      of Section 3 Requirements in a working draft of the PWG Power
      Management Model spec, not just informal stuff in .../wims/power

Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
email: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
winter:
 579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176