[WIMS] WIMS Concall slot

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 18:53:24 UTC 2009

Hi,

Some input on time slots...

Recently, Open Printing WG US/Europe teleconferences have
been permanently moved to Tuesday 8am PDT / 11am EDT.

Also TCG Hardcopy WG teleconferences have been moved
to Tuesday evening 6pm PDT / 9pm EDT and Wednesday
10am JST, to accomodate the TCG Japanese Regional Forum
members who are HCD vendors (including Ricoh, Fuji Xerox,
Toshiba, Hitachi, Fujitsu, and Panasonic).

So Tuesday's not a very good day for me.

I'd much prefer to keep WIMS WG on Mondays.  Of the two
slots, I'd prefer 2pm EDT, rather than 3pm EDT, for a pause
before the IPP WG on Mondays at 4pm EDT.

Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
email: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
winter:
  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176
  734-944-0094
summer:
  PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839
  906-494-2434

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 12:43 PM, William Wagner<wamwagner at comcast.net> wrote:
> Thank you to those who responded about the day shift. Tentatively, it
> appears that the one-time shift to Tuesday in itself is OK. However, the
> point was made that 11 AM ET is rather early, particularly for those on the
> West Coast. That time slot was originally selected to be convenient to the
> participants, including those on the West Coast who felt it allowed
> participation before the demands of the normal workday.
>
> However, I am fully flexible and would happily move the standard concall
> time slot to whatever is most convenient and expeditious for the workgroup
> as a whole. Of course, whatever appears as a plus to one person (e.g.,
> early; or on same day as other PWG calls) is a negative to others.
>
> At the present time, PWG calls are normally held on Mondays and Thursdays.
> Calls can stack up on Thursdays from 1 to 4 (ET), which seems to work. We
> nominally have a 4 PM Monday call for IPP. So reasonable options may be  2
> or 3PM Mondays. Please let me know your preference between the two ( or for
> a different time for different day).
>
> Regardless, right now, the next call is set for 1 September. The time
> remains negotiable
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill Wagner

believed to be clean.