[WIMS] PWG Imaging System Power MIB (4 Dec 2009)

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 23:27:07 UTC 2009

Hi Bill,

No - the log of an subunit object might become inaccessible.

Having to read across all of the Subunit objects (especially in
XML interfaces) would be onerous.  This was the wisdom
from the Projector Display MIB effort.

Anyway, with Rick's guidance we designed a FLAT log that
intersperses all power transitions on System or any Subunit.
That's what's been in Power Model for quite awhile.

It was a BUG in Power MIB that I included powMonitorIndex
for powLogTable.

powLogComponent[Type / ReferenceId] fields in each row
identify each logged component (see Descriptions in MIB).

Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
email: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
winter:
  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176
  734-944-0094
summer:
  PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839
  906-494-2434

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 6:18 PM, William Wagner <wamwagner at comcast.net> wrote:
> Ira,
>
> Although I like  simplification, I am unsure about "Deleted unnecessary
> primary index of powMonitorIndex from powLogTable (which applies only to
> System object), keeping only needs powLogIndex, per PWG Power Management
> Model" Are you saying that only System power states are logged? That is
> unclear and perhaps unreasonable. If monitored subunit states are also
> logged, having them organized by component maybe useful (e.g., a manager may
> only be interested in System power states.)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill Wagner

believed to be clean.