[WIMS] April 26 Conference Call - update

William Wagner wamwagner at comcast.net
Fri Apr 23 17:19:34 UTC 2010

Update and correction to previous message.

There will be a WIMS/PMP conference call at 2PM EDT on 26 April 2010.
Call-in and password numbers are standards. Email a message to me if you
need them.

The tentative agenda is:

1. Identify Minute-taker; we really need someone other than me to do this

2. Statement that meeting is held in accord with PWG IP Policy

3. Consideration of Agenda

4. Accept Minutes of 29 March posted at
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/minutes/wims_100329.pdf (and April 6
Face-to-face meeting minutes,  if they exist)

5. Check on action items:

Ø  Ira will have LCRC and update for Device ID "COMMAND SET" PWG spec

Ø  Bill Wagner will send PWG discussion to MPSA

Ø  Bill Wagner will post meeting and WIMS plenary slides

Ø  Rick Landau and Ira McDonald: review Print Service related MOFs, generate
CRs, and submit to CIM (open)

6. Check that LCRC Version of IEEE1284 Command String document addresses all
issues satisfactorily, in preparation for PWG ballot.

The revised document is at :

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/wd/lcrc-pmp1284cmdset10-20100415-rev.pdf

The Comment resolution is at
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/wd/pmp1284cmdset-last-call-comment-resolution-
20100415.txt

            7. Comments on additional langPDF/PS/PCL variants for IANA
Printer MIB (See Ira’s memo of 14 April 2010)

8. Consideration of updated Imaging Power Documents. Current posts are :

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimspower10-20100422-rev.pdf

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimspowermib10-20100422.pdf

and ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimspowermib10-20100422.mib

9. Consideration of PWG-MPSA interaction on Imaging Power Model

          A.  Status of relationship

B. What should we ask them to do relative to Power Model?

a.     distribute a questionnaire that we will prepare?

b.     solicit use cases, using existing ones as a sample?

c.      comments on current documents?

C. What group of their membership should be suggest that they address?

10. Next Steps – Action Items

Thanks,

Bill Wagner, Chairman - Workgroup for Imaging Management Solutions/PWG

believed to be clean.