[WIMS] High North has reviewed Power Model/MIB and has comments

Mitchell, Andrew (Solutions Architect) andrew.mitchell2 at hp.com
Wed Nov 3 18:43:10 UTC 2010

OK, so I understand that. At the F2F I hadn't fully internalized the Power Model stuff yet. In general I'm not a fan of removing things that well written implementations could take use of. Its like dropping error codes as return values because no one used them, you're punishing the ones that are written well because most simply ignore them. But I also now get why part of the group can't be marked as optional and I agree that any ASN.1 errors that can be avoided should be.

All that being said, I agree that dropping the MaxXxxRecords may be the right thing to do, but I still want to make my viewpoint clear since I disagree with the reasoning you originally provided in the comments.

Andrew