[WIMS] Re: Draft of MPSA Power article/survey (17 Nov 2010)

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Nov 17 22:57:39 UTC 2010

Ira,

Won't be able to call in tomorrow for WIMS, but my overall impression is that this article may be going too deep. I'd recommend providing the references and some of the project history on the WIMS web pages and then provide a URL for "more information" in the article instead.  Maybe focus on the basics of what the PWG Power Management Model does, mention we have SNMP and Web Services mappings to integrate with existing infrastructure/solutions, and just a single paragraph for each of the classes.  Answer the questions:

1. What is it?
2. Why do I care?
3. How can I use it?
4. Where can I find out more?

On Nov 17, 2010, at 9:43 AM, Ira McDonald wrote:

> Hi,
>
> [For review at tomorrow's WIMS WG meeting and email as well]
>

> I just posted a long, detailed, first draft of the December MPSA PWG
> Power Management article w/ survey questions at end at:
>
>   ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/white/mpsa-pwg-power-article-dec-2010-v1.doc
> Comments?
>
> Cheers,
> - Ira

> Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG