[WIMS] Posted Printer MIB MFD Alert Groups (31 January 2011)

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 23:27:54 UTC 2011

Hi folks,

I just posted the first new draft in 4 years of the Printer MIB
Multifunction
Device Alert Groups (MFD Alerts) specification at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/wd/wd-pmpmfdalerts10-20110131.pdf / doc
- clean copy with line numbers and live table of contents

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/wd/wd-pmpmfdalerts10-20110131-rev.pdf / doc
- redlines copy with line numbers and live table of content

Notes:

(1)  I downgraded the document status from Prototype to Interim, to reflect
the open design issues of non-alignment with the PWG Semantic Model and
PWG Imaging System State and Counter MIB.  See "ISSUE" notes in spec.

(2) I changed external filename and title to align with current PWG practice
and the PWG Naming Policy.

Comments?

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald (Editor of MFD Alerts)

*13.1     **Changes to create the 20110131 version*

after 4 year gap.

Cover Page:  Revised document title and abstract to align with other PWG
specifications.

Sections 3, 4, 5, and 6:  Added design issues about alignment with PWG
Semantic Model
and PWG Imaging System State and Counter MIB – subunit mapping in previous
draft was
NOT aligned.

Section 4.3 Implementation of Scan Device and Fax Device Subunits:  Deleted
entirely, as
this section was speculation about a possible future MFD MIB or set of
Scanner, Fax, etc.
MIBs – out-of-scope.**

Section 11 Appendix A:  Deleted entirely, as the proposal was unwise and
non-conformant
to the Printer MIB usage of prtAlertIndex.

Section 12 Appendix B:  Deleted entirely, as this section was speculation
about a possible
future MFD MIB or set of Scanner, Fax, etc. MIBs – out-of-scope.**

believed to be clean.