[WIMS] Re: CIM Print and MFD Alert Groups - please update PWG agenda and WIMS slides

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 23:25:30 UTC 2011

Hi Bill,

I was complicit in this confusion of MFD Alert Groups scope
in December F2F (I hadn't read the spec in several years).

There never *were* any actual Alerts named - just new subunit
groups (Scanner, FaxModem), as in the PWG Semantic Model.

Adding new system level security alerts is a small and reasonable
addition for PrtAlertCodeTC.

Adding specific alerts for the largely unmodelled Scanner and
ScanMediaPath and so on would be a *large* change of scope.

And not feasible, unless we decide to write a Scan Device MIB
and Fax Device MIB - I don't want to go there...

Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
Co-Chair - TCG Hardcopy WG
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
mailto:blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Christmas through April:
  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176
  734-944-0094
May to Christmas:
  PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839
  906-494-2434

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 6:04 PM, William Wagner <wamwagner at comcast.net>wrote:

> Hi Ira,
>

> I will post WIMS meeting slides with updated links later today.
>

> Presently plenary slides do not include CIM or alerts links. I assume
> alerts will change Thursday regardless.
>

> I do not understand your scope issue. I had pulled the MFD alerts comments
> from previous minutes and do not see where I have increased the scope. You
> can certainly clarify the limits on what you intend to do during the
> meeting.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Bill Wagner

believed to be clean.