[WIMS] Expanded outline for CMMI SNMP section

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 00:56:25 UTC 2011

Hi,

For our CMMI Spec discussion tomorrow, I propose to expand the outline for
section 4 as follows:

4. SNMP Management Interfaces

4.1. SNMP Overview (versions, transports, security, etc.)
- SNMPv1c
- SNMPv2c
- SNMPv2p (Party) - ???
- SNMPv3
- SNMP over SSH
- SNMP over TLS

4.2. IETF MIB Requirements

4.2.1 IETF Core MIBs
- IETF MIB-II (RFC 1213)
- IETF Host Resources MIB v2 (RFC 2790)
- IETF Entity MIB v3 (RFC 4133)
- IETF Syslog Message MIB (RFC 5676)

4.2.2 IETF Updates to MIB-II
- IETF Interfaces MIB (RFC 2863)
- IETF TCP MIB (RFC 4022)
- IETF UDP MIB (RFC 4113)
- IETF IP MIB (RFC 4193)
- IETF SNMP Agent MIB (RFC 3418)

4.2.3 IETF SNMP Protocol MIBs
- SNMP group in IETF MIB-II (RFC 1213)
- SNMPv3 Framework MIB (RFC 3411)
- SNMPv3 Message Processing MIB (RFC 3412)
- SNMPv3 Target MIB (RFC 3413) - for traps
- SNMPv3 Notification MIB (RFC 3413) - for traps
- SNMPv3 User-based Security MIB (RFC 3414)
- SNMPv3 View-based Access Control MIB (RFC 3415)
- SNMP Community MIB (RFC 3584)
- SNMP Transport Security Model MIB (RFC 5591)
- SNMP SSH Transport Model MIB (RFC 5592)
- SNMP TLS Transport Model MIB (RFC 5953)

4.3. PWG MIB Requirements

4.3.1 PWG Core MIBs
- PWG Job Monitoring MIB (RFC 2707)
- PWG Printer MIB v2 (RFC 3805)
- PWG Finisher MIB (RFC 3806)
- IANA Charset MIB (RFC 3808)

4.3.2 PWG Extension MIBs
- PWG Printer Port Monitor MIB (PWG 5107.1)
- PWG Imaging System State and Counter MIB v2 (PWG 5106.3)
- PWG Imaging System Power MIB v1 (PWG 5106.5)

4.4. Vendor MIB Recommendations
- Should always implement equivalent public MIB (when available)
  for any functionality present in private MIBs

Comments?

Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
Co-Chair - TCG Hardcopy WG
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc