[WIMS] MFD Alerts Project Charter

William Wagner wamwagner at comcast.net
Wed Apr 13 19:12:24 UTC 2011

The PWG Process requires new working groups to have a charter that is voted
on by the PWG as a whole. Working Groups were envisioned  as having a
specific, defined and limited set of objectives, and an corresponding end
date.  However, with the quasi-permanent nature of the WIMS/PMP working
groups, we have fallen into the mode of initiating new projects as they seem
reasonable, without going through the formal PWG process of creating  and
having PWG-wide approval of  specific charter. This may lead to projects
that do not have the  awareness and/or approval o f the overall PWG

At the last face-to-face meeting, three WIMS/PMP projects were identified.

MFD Alerts

Coherent MFD Management Interfaces

CIM  Printer Profile

It was agreed that these projects should have project charters and overall
PWG approval before we proceed. I am creating draft project  charters for
review by the WIMS/PMP, with discussion intended over the ail list and at
the next  WIMS conference call, Thursday April 21 at 1PM EDT. The first
charter draft, for MFD Alerts is at

Please review and comment.

Bill Wagner

Chairman, WIMS/PMP