[WIMS] Re: [PMP] Proposed December Slides

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 03:58:16 UTC 2011

Hi Bill,

Two suggested changes/corrections for WIMS meeting slides - thanks.

* WIMS meeting slide 6, bullet 1

change "MFD alert conditions"
to "Scanner, ScanMediaPath, and FaxModem subunits"

- you've already said alerts earlier in the bullet (conditions is redundant)
- let's be clear about the minor scope of this spec

* WIMS meeting slide 8, bullet 3

change "one of 33 (out of 60)..."
to "one of 23 (out of 37) TCs identified in RFC3805 as a Type 1 (para
2.4.1),"

- this corrects the confusing "NOT a Type 2" original phrasing
- please also add the link below to the list of all RFC 3805 TCs.

BACKGROUND

Clarifications about counts and status of the Type 1 and Type 2
TCs defined in RFC 3805.

Unfortunately, RFC 3805 is full of ASN.1 comments using the keyword
string "TEXTUAL-CONVENTION", so my original counts were high.

I just did some careful hand-edits to my string search results and stored
the final list at:

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/white/rfc3805-tc-names.txt

The correct counts are:

IANA-PRINTER-MIB (Type 2 TCs - can be changed)
- 14 new TCs defined in RFC 3805

Printer-MIB (Type 1 TCs - cannot be changed)
- 19 new TCs defined in RFC 3805
- 4 old TCs (from 1759) deprecated in RFC 3805 - never used in MIB

IANA-CHARSET-MIB
- 1 new TC imported by RFC 3805 - IANACharset

Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
Chair - TCG Embedded Systems Hardcopy SG
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
mailto:blueroofmusic at gmail.com

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 9:04 PM, William Wagner <wamwagner at comcast.net>wrote:

> WIMS slides for the December Plenary and face-to-face are posted at:****
>

> ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/f-2-f_slides/WIMS-WG-Plenary-December-2011.pdfand
> ****
>

> ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/f-2-f_slides/WIMS-WG-Meeting-December-2011.pdf
> ****
>
> respectively.****
>
> ** **
>
> Please post comments to the mail list. Unless there is a major problem, I
> do not anticipate having a conference call on December 1 to discuss these
> slides.****
>
> <ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/minutes/wimslastphone.pdf>****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks,****