IFX Mail Archive: Re: IPP2IFAX Proposed WG and Charter Bashing

Re: IPP2IFAX Proposed WG and Charter Bashing

Graham Klyne (GK@Dial.pipex.com)
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 22:29:59 +0000

At 21:14 21/12/98 -0600, Richard Shockey wrote:
[...]
>The CONNEG framework is IMHO perfect for printers...at the very least the
>framework IPP is considering should not conflict with CONNEG, though 3WC
>has several proposals on the table for similar concepts specifically in the
>mobile device area using XML [suprise?].

[Speaking as editor of some of the 'conneg' work...]

I have already made contact with Franklin Reynolds who is author/editor of
some W3C work in that field, and hope to maintain a constructive liaison.

>I'm very hopeful that the fine work of CONNEG can extend out into other
>application areas.

Me too!

#g

Graham Klyne