IFX Mail Archive: IFX> Fwd: IPP> NOT - Updated IPP Notification Requirements document

IFX> Fwd: IPP> NOT - Updated IPP Notification Requirements document

Richard Shockey (rshockey@ix.netcom.com)
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 16:44:28 -0500

This message is forwarded over from the main IPP list.

Now that IPP 1.1 is "in the can", the IPP WG is turning its attention to
Notification Requirements. This is a issue central to the QUALDOCS charter.

Any comments and suggestions would be appreciated as we begin to draft a
"Goals and Requirements document for this proposed WG.

##################

>From: "Hastings, Tom N" <hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com>
>To: ipp <ipp@pwg.org>
>Subject: IPP> NOT - Updated IPP Notification Requirements document posted
>Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 15:53:23 -0700
>Sender: owner-ipp@pwg.org
>
>I've down loaded the IPP Notification Requirements that correspond to the
>recently announced Internet-Draft (02). Harry Lewis had sent me his edits
>from the Philadelphia meeting when we reviewed the 00 version from February
>1998. I included my notes from the meeting and indicated things that we
>agreed are issues:
>
>ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/Internet-Drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-not-02.txt
>
>ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/draft-ietf-ipp-not-02.txt
>ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/ipp-notification-requirements-990624.d
>oc
>ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/ipp-notification-requirements-990624.p
>df
>ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/ipp-notification-requirements-990624-r
>ev.doc
>ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/ipp-notification-requirements-990624-r
>ev.pdf
>
>We will cover this requirements document at the telecon IPP telecon, this
>Wednesday, usual time 10-12 PDT (1-3 EDT). Please send any comments ahead
>of time to the ipp DL with NOT in the subject line.
>
>After sending it in to the Internet-Drafts in time (6/24) for the up coming
>IETF meeting, I discovered that Roger had actually published an 01 version
>as an Internet-Draft in March 1998. So one of the things that the 01
>version had added over the 00 version was Quality Of Service:
>

>2.16 Quality of Service
>Some notification delivery methods may allow users to select quality of
>service parameters. These will depend upon the specific delivery method
>chosen, and may include parameters such as priority, security, number of
>retries, and the like.
>
>We agreed in Philadelphia to add Quality Of Service, so we are moving a
>direction agreed to over a year ago.
>
>So adding the above is a first set of comments on the requirements document.
>
>Tom

Richard Shockey
Shockey Consulting LLC
8045 Big Bend Blvd. Suite 110
St. Louis, MO 63119
Voice 314.918.9020
Fax 314.918.9015
INTERNET Mail & IFAX : rshockey@ix.netcom.com
eFAX 815.333.1237
MediaGate iPost VoiceMail and Fax 800.260.4464