IFX Mail Archive: Re: IFX> Comment on draft-klyne-qualdoc-goals-00.txt

Re: IFX> Comment on draft-klyne-qualdoc-goals-00.txt

Richard Shockey (rshockey@ix.netcom.com)
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 11:32:47 -0500

At 12:06 PM 9/10/1999 -0400, John Stracke wrote:
>I've read over draft-klyne-qualdoc-goals-00.txt, and it seems
>that what the authors want can be done with the existing
>protocols; it's just that not everybody has deployed all the
>pieces yet. Would a new protocol be deployed any faster?

I would dbout it. But one of the elements of our proposed charter is that
we would NOT develop new protocols .. only seek to augment or enhance
existing ones that meet the requirements. Esssentially that leaves IPP or
SMTP operating is a "SESSION" like mode.

If you recall from the IMPP threads recently the concept of SMTP SESSION
was mentioned as a possible protocol there as well.

Richard Shockey
Shockey Consulting LLC
8045 Big Bend Blvd. Suite 110
St. Louis, MO 63119
Voice 314.918.9020
eFAX Fax to EMail 815.333.1237 (Preferred for Fax)
INTERNET Mail & IFAX : rshockey@ix.netcom.com
GSTN Fax 314.918.9015
MediaGate iPost VoiceMail and Fax 800.260.4464