IFX Mail Archive: IFX> RE: New internet draft: 'draft-ietf-roamops-phonebook-xml-02.txt'

IFX> RE: New internet draft: 'draft-ietf-roamops-phonebook-xml-02.txt'

Mark Anthony Beadles (mark.beadles@columbus.rr.com)
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 14:13:01 -0400

I think that what we have here is indeed a misunderstanding about the
purpose of the "phone book". It is not a "phone book" in the sense of a
"white pages", where subscribers can list their addresses/URLs/phone
numbers/etc. It is a tool used by Service Providers to give their
subscribers information about where to obtain services, and where to contact
the SPs for help.

So, for example, the FAX number listed is the number that subscribers will
call if they want to fax something (say, a service request) _to_ the
provider. This is the provider's OWN fax number. The FAX is indeed going to
be far away from the roaming user 99.99% of the time. The number is NOT the
location of (e.g.) a kiosk FAX device.

+ Mark Anthony Beadles +
+ mark.beadles@columbus.rr.com +
+ Vox 614.565.1308 Pager 888.660.8427 +