IFX Mail Archive: RE: IFX> Thoughts after first meeting

RE: IFX> Thoughts after first meeting

From: Hastings, Tom N (hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 18:57:15 EDT

    I support Paul's idea of separating document format (FAX-specific
    water-marking, legal requirements between parties, etc.) from
    discover/transport (which would be common between FAX. Then the latter
    could be used alone for intranet transfer within an organization where the
    FAX water marks and other legal stuff would get in the way. In order to
    make sure that there isn't a divergence between the two documents, the
    former document will require the latter, while the latter does NOT require
    the former. The former will NOT duplicate anything in the latter document.

    Ok?

    Tom