IFX Mail Archive: Re: IFX> IPP Fax meeting #3

Re: IFX> IPP Fax meeting #3

From: Graham Klyne (GK@Dial.pipex.com)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 23:31:18 EST

    At 02:35 AM 12/4/00 -0800, pmoore@peerless.com wrote:
    >3. conneg
    >
    >We have had some exchanges about the strengths and weaknesses of conneg.
    >Nobody
    >has come up with a better solution - anybody with any ideas is welcome to
    >speak
    >up during this slot

    I'm not sure if some back-channel discussions have filtered back to this
    group, but the relatively recently published RFC 2938 was intended to
    alleviate some of the difficulties that have been noted.

    In particular, selectable feature-group expressions may be replaced by a
    composite identifier, so that the resulting feature expression is
    simpler. This may be particularly useful for removing inner disjunctions
    from the resulting expression.

    #g

    Graham Klyne
    (GK@ACM.ORG)