IFX Mail Archive: RE: IFX> RE: Fax processing confirmation

RE: IFX> RE: Fax processing confirmation

From: MAEDA toru (maeda.toru@canon.co.jp)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 06:30:35 EST

    Kugler-san

    Thank you very much for the information about the page-by-page job
    notifications in the IPP draft.
    I read the section.

    'job-progress' will be send for each sheet.
    I am not sure that user can find the error page number
    and the total number of pages printed from 'job-progress'.

    It's idea is similar idea as the fax processing status.

    The fax processing status will be sent in one MDN message
    with summarized information after printing a TIFF-FX file,
    such as total number of printed page and error page with error code.
    "page" in the fax processing status should be "page" in the TIFF-FX file
    but not sheet.

    'job-progress' should be extended as 'job-summary'
    to report summarized information after printing
    for the fax processing status.

    Regards.

    Toru Maeda

    At 08:56 01/02/21 -0700, Carl Kugler wrote:

    >See section 5.3.2.1.3 "Subscribed Job Events", in the document you cited:
    >
    >'job-progress': OPTIONAL - when the Printer has completed Printing a
    > sheet. See the separate [ipp-prog] specification for additional
    > attributes that a Printer MAY send in an Event Notification caused
    > by this Event. The "notify-time-interval" attribute affects this
    > Event by causing the Printer NOT to send an Event Notification
    > every time a 'job-progress' Events occurs. See section 5.3.8 for
    > full details.
    >

    > -Carl
    >

    >MAEDA toru <maeda.toru@canon.co.jp>@pwg.org on 02/21/2001 02:24:36 AM
    >
    >Sent by: owner-ifx@pwg.org
    >

    >To: "McDonald, Ira" <imcdonald@sharplabs.com>, "'Wagner,William'"
    > <wwagner@netsilicon.com>, "McDonald, Ira" <imcdonald@sharplabs.com>,
    > ifx@pwg.org
    >cc:
    >Subject: RE: IFX> RE: Fax processing confirmation
    >

    >Ira-san
    >
    > >And the page-by-page job notifications are OPTIONAL in the
    > >IPP notifications model spec.
    >
    >Please let me know which section describes the page-by-page job
    >notifications,
    > since I could not find it in
    >http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-not-spec-06.txt.
    >
    >Shall I check other drafts?