IFX Mail Archive: RE: IFX> RE: Fax processing confirmation;

RE: IFX> RE: Fax processing confirmation; document-formats

From: Carl Kugler (kugler@us.ibm.com)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2001 - 11:10:48 EST

    My point is that if the purpose of the attribute exchange is to avoid
    incompatibilities between sender and receiver, the current design isn't
    going to work reliably. For example, there is the scenario of a client
    sending a PS3 file to a PS2 IPP Printer.

    Bill wrote:
    > For the specific example, IPP includes
    > the attribute "document-format" (mimeMediaType).
    > Getting all current
    > printer languages mime-typed is still in progress, but different document
    formats
    > will be distinguishable.

    However, this doesn't solve the problem in the example scenario. To solve
    the problem we need to be able to distinguish versions of PS.

         -Carl

    ned.freed@mrochek.com@pwg.org on 03/11/2001 12:45:16 AM

    Sent by: owner-ifx@pwg.org