IFX Mail Archive: IFX> RE: IPP> NOT - IPPGET Delivery Met

From: Hastings, Tom N (hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 21:38:29 EDT

    I like what you guys have come up with. Thanks.

    I assume that the standard keyword value for "notify-pull-method" would be
    'ippget', right?

    One question:

    Why have the "notify-pull-method" Subscription Template attribute by
    multi-valued?

    For example, if 'ftp' were made a second pull method, then that is
    requesting the Printer to put some sort of file that the Notification
    Recipient is going to pull. And I guess that the Event Life time would have
    to be the same for both pull methods, since we have only one
    "ippget-event-life" Printer Description attribute. Or would we have one for
    the 'ippget' method using the Get-Notifications operation and one for FTP so
    we'd need another, say, "ftp-event-life" Printer Description attribute?

    If the Event Life's are different, I would think it might be problematic to
    have a single Subscription object for both methods. So how about
    simplifying the "notify-pull-method" Subscription Template attribute to be
    single valued? If you want both, the client has to create two Subscription
    Objects.

    Comments?

    Tom