IFX Mail Archive: IFX> RE: New Compression Keywords

IFX> RE: New Compression Keywords

From: Bergman, Ron (Ron.Bergman@Hitachi-hkis.com)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 22:04:17 EDT

    Tom,

    I agree that these are commonly used within TIFF and you are correct that
    they are not really required to support IPPFAX. However, the compression
    methods can be used independently from TIFF and that is the situation that I
    need to cover. We do have products that support some of these compression
    methods and I believe that they should be all registered for use with IPP.

    I would like to reopen this issue as a proposal to register these keywords
    for the IPP compression attribute.

            Ron