IFX Mail Archive: IFX> FW: WG Last call for draft-ietf-fax-t

From: Hastings, Tom N (hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 15:51:15 EST

    FYI. Here is the definition of the new MIME Media type image/tiff-fx with
    file type .tfx.

    It contains the following paragraph:

       This document defines the image/tiff-fx MIME sub-type to refer to
       TIFF-FX Profiles J, C, L and M encoded image data and any future
       TIFF-FX extensions, or a subset. The image/tiff-fx content type may
       be used when black-and-white image data is encoded using TIFF-FX
       Profiles S or F, or a subset.

    It does not define any MIME parameters; it is only image/tiff-fx.

    We need to fix our IPPFAX Protocol Spec and UIF spec to use the
    image/tiff-fx MIME Media type and .tfx file extension whenever resolutions
    are used that exceed the limited ones specified for image/tiff for Profiles
    S and F in RFC 2301. But to use the more prevalent image/tiff MIME Media
    type and .tif file extension when using Profile S or F with the limited
    resolutions of RFC 2301 in order to get maximum interchange, since
    image/tiff has been around for a number of years.

    Tom